I am Virginia, a follower of Jesus, wife, mother, friend, and teacher. I love to read, sew, thrift, hike and write. I’ve been married for 9 years and have 3 rambunctious kids and a teeny one in heaven. I have a few screws loose from a brain tumor removed 6 years ago, and went through some more medical fun with PSD at my youngest daughter’s birth. Our home is filled with mid-century modern treasures that we’ve picked up over the years.
I’m glad you’re here. I pray you will find encouragement in my honesty, helpful hints through my mistakes, and join me on my journey toward health. Please feel free to e-mail or message me any questions you may have.
This spot has shifted to my wellness journey, and if you’re interested in my faith, family and what it looks like for this working wife, mother, and friend to live boldly for Christ where I am, head over to www.virginiamdavidson.com . My prayer is that through the words of my heart that you will find encouragement to step out in faith yourself, stop shaming your body, and get healthy, both physically and spiritually, to move forward in all that God has called you to.
Are you ready to start? Take 5 minutes and fill this out.
Haven’t had enough? More randomness ~
10. I named a park in my hometown when I was 10. Imagination Station. Yep, my 10 minutes of fame.
9. I used to teach H.S. Spanish ~ resigned to move to a different country. I met my husband in a whirlwind romance, (Lifetime TV movie style). I didn’t end up going to Honduras and got married instead. (& the school actually called and told me that they were glad because they were able to give a local person the job and it worked out perfectly!)
8. I could eat fresh salsa by the bowl. Skip the chips, just give me a spoon.
7. I was nicknamed “the 80s girl” in college with my pinks, florals and music choices – back when it wasn’t in style. Who knew Michigan was so behind the style (or that Nashville was so ahead?)
6. I used to write as Geeky & Sassy (and still have the names, yet am currently switching it all over).
4. I love garage sales. Getting up early, driving around town with a hot cup of coffee and running into people you know without their makeup on. Oh yeah, and finding that good deal every once in awhile too!
3. My husband and I love to thrift and come up with projects to decorate our home in mid-century modern without the large price tag. We’re currently reupholstering his Grandmother’s faux fur couch with a Herman Miller teal stripe. We’re living with spring rockers and a cow chair until we’re finished.
2. I love the smells of clean laundry, freshly cut grass, coffee, chocolate, citrus, suntan lotion, shampoo, gummy candies, and September evenings.
1. I love my husband, kids, friends, and am excited to see God work in all of our lives. I can tend to be anxious about things. If I’m anxious, that means I think I’m in control, and I’m not. This is one area God is working on me in.