I am Virginia – V, or Ginny for short. I’m a follower of Jesus, wife, mother, sister. I love to read, sew, thrift, hike and write. I’ve been married for 5 years and have 2 rambunctious kids and a teeny one in heaven. And I have a few screws loose from a brain tumor removed 3 years ago.
I work full time as a mommy. Nap times are spent juggling housework and writing. There’s never a balance….the dishes always come in 2nd place. If you stick around (which I hope you will) you’ll get a taste of my faith, family and what I’m learning.
And if you’re wondering, I came up with the name Geeky & Sassy from my daughter.
Make sure you sign up to get Geeky&Sassy in your email so you don’t miss a post.
Haven’t had enough? More randomness ~
10. I named a park in my hometown when I was 10. Imagination Station. Yep, my 10 minutes of fame.
9. I used to teach H.S. Spanish ~ resigned to move to a different country. I met my husband in a whirlwind romance, (Lifetime TV movie style). I didn’t end up going to Honduras and got married instead. (& the school actually called and told me that they were glad because they were able to give a local person the job and it worked out perfectly!)
8. I could eat fresh salsa by the bowl. Skip the chips, just give me a spoon.
7. I was nicknamed “the 80s girl” in college with my pinks, florals and music choices – back when it wasn’t in style. Who knew Michigan was so behind the style (or that Nashville was so ahead?)
6. I love to hike. I love the challenge, the gear, the stink, the delicious dinners (yes I said delicious) and most of all waking up before everyone, watching the sun rise and reading my Bible. There’s such a peace about that.
5. I have been sewing for as long as I can remember. Yep, at 5 years old I was making and selling coin purses to my friends in Kindergarten. In 7th grade I was sewing my own dresses.
4. I love garage sales. Getting up early, driving around town with a hot cup of coffee and running into people you know without their makeup on. Oh yeah, and finding that good deal every once in awhile too!
3. My husband and I love to thrift and come up with projects to decorate our home in mid-century modern without the large price tag. We’re currently reupholstering his Grandmother’s faux fur couch with a Herman Miller teal stripe. We’re living with spring rockers and a cow chair until we’re finished.
2. I love the smells of clean laundry, freshly cut grass, coffee, chocolate, citrus, suntan lotion, shampoo, gummy candies, and September evenings.
1. I love my husband, kids, friends, and am excited to see God work in all of our lives. I can tend to be anxious about things. If I’m anxious, that means I think I’m in control, and I’m not. This is one area God is working on me in.