I’m part of a community of women of Influence and today we’re sharing where we are from.
I am from the beautiful shores of Lake Michigan. It is a beautiful place to grow up and raise a family. I am often spoiled by the summers, but it’s never too crowded as no one wants to handle the long winters.
If you ever came to visit,
- I’d take you to the famous Bernie O’s Pizza for the twist.
- Walk the Grand Haven boardwalk (where I grew up) to watch the boats, tourists and scarf down an ice-cream.
- We’d go kayaking in Hobie kayaks (from the best outdoor store in West Michigan).
- Buy our fresh veggies from the farmer’s market & head back to grill them in my backyard.
- An entire day would be devoted to hanging out at the beach. Tents hauled down there (don’t worry, my husband has enough), coolers and plenty of sunscreen. Where I live on the north side, not many people go, so it’s much less crowded and the water is blue!
- Forgetting something we need for dinner, we’d pile the kids on bikes and in carriers and take off to the store around the corner in flip-flops.
- Oh, and if you come in May or June, Saturday mornings for 2 hours we’d probably hit up a few garage sales before heading to the Cheese Lady.
- There are a few great shops like Continuity, and restaurants downtown, including Mia & Grace for organic, fresh food.
- & don’t forget the movies on the old ship, just after the sun sets over the lake.
So, that’s my hometown in a nutshell. What are some of your favorite places to do or go in your hometown? If you live in West Michigan, what did I forget to mention?