I had the privilege of sewing up one of Trish Preston’s patterns this month. When I received the pattern in the mail to review I was ecstatic. I may have an obsession with handbags. Today I’m sharing with you the Ava Pattern.
Things I loved:
- A simple pattern to cut out (~1 hour)
- Easy to Understand Instructions. (I suggest reading them all of the way through twice rather than once.)
Things I changed/added:
- The ruffle across the front.
- embellishments on straps.
Things you may learn:
- Magnetic Snap Closures (super simple, but I’d never done one before!)
- Trimming/Sewing with interfacing
Next Time I May Change:
- Now’s the time to admit I fused the interfacing to the outside instead of the inside. I had to add a piece of interfacing to the lining (see above) to give it more structure for the snap.
- Put the snap a bit lower since it was difficult sewing across to top-stitch.
- I loved this pattern. From start to finish 2.5 hours (relaxed) and adding special stitching on the handles and ruffles across the front. It is now one of my new go-to patterns for a fun, simple project to be able to finish in a naptime or two. Couldn’t you see it in a nautical design! Don’t be surprised if you see a striped purse with an anchor soon.
(This pattern was given to me to review. These opinions and words mine.)
Just leave 1 comment below to enter.
Giveaway ends July 26th at midnight EST.
Must be 18 years or older.
I will notify you by email if you’ve won. If no email response within a week, a new winner will be chosen.
We’d love for you to share this, but it is not necessary to win.